If you are feeling down and out about 2020, there is still time to get your spirits lifted and get into holidays. Here is my top 5 list of fun things to do in and around Chicago. Grab your hand-sani and mask and get ready to get festive!
- Zoo Lights: Lincoln Park Zoo // There are still a few dates available to see the amazing zoo lights in Lincoln Park. They are a wonderful family tradition we have done every year for the past 10 years and highly recommend. Due to Covid-19 you have to purchase tickets for $5 in order to keep the zoo safe from large crowd. Pro tip: for an additional $3 per ticket you can enjoy crafted Holiday Experiences – definitely worth it!
- Let It Shine: Northbrook Court // Take a little ride outside of the city and enjoy a socially distant drive-through light and sound spectacular! Ticketed event for $30 on weekdays and $40 on weekends. Pro Tip: The tickets include coupons/discounts at various stores in the mall so you can finish up the last of your holiday shopping too!
- Ice Skating: Maggie Daley Park // This is fun for all ages and outside and sure to provide amazing views and laughs along the way. Can’t skate? No problem, there are little penguins to help 😊 Reservations required $16 to skate with rental skates or $5 if you BYOSkate
- Jack Frost Winter Village // Pop down to Goose Island to check out this outdoor pop up Christmas Tree farm where you can even pick out your very own perfect tree this year. Get some fresh air walking their almost 2 acres of tree trails. Tickets start at $21 and kids 4 and under are free! Pro tip: No cash here, credit cards only!
- Christmas Tree @ Millennium Park & Michigan Ave Lights // It has always been a family tradition of our to see the lights and windows on Michigan Ave and State Street every year, but this year we may do things a little differently. Grab your roadies of hot cocoa and go for a little drive downtown to see the magnificent lights and giant tree that will be sure to give you the ooohs and ahhhhs. You may be able to drive slowly around State street to catch the windows from a safe distance too. Cost: Free
Photo creds // http://www.Northbrookcourt.com // http://www.maggiedalypark.com // http://www.chicago.gov