Sometimes, a weeknight meal is just a throw together! See whats in the fridge.. check the pantry.. what can I salvage?
Now, I always have a couple items on hand. And these items are worth the repeat buy. Here we go guys!
- Trader Joes Salsa Verde. So flavorful, not spicy for the kids, and easy to throw on some chicken or fish as a delicious seasoning!
- Next, Costco rotisserie chicken. Easy to put with anything, suuuuuper cheap and usually makes a couple meals. My favorite!
- Tortillas, isn’t this a staple for everyone? Having kids, quesadillas are a staple for lunches and on the go eating. Having these readily available just makes cooking in a snap a total breeze.
Okay, so these 3 items will be the main focus for the tacos I’m making tonight! I make these almost every week and they’re always a hit. A simple taco bar makes it a fun activity for the kids to make their own tacos, quesadillas, or bowls if that’s what their little heart desires.
So here’s the sitch, and it’s so easy you’re gonna be amazed.
SALSA VERDE TACOS
- Throw some oil in a hot pan on medium/high heat, get some garlic going and get it a little brown but don’t let it burn.
- Cut the Costco chicken off the bones and either shred or cube (depending to your liking) then toss into pan with browned garlic.
- Pour in 1 whole jar of the TJ’s Salsa Verde and cook chicken and sauce on low heat till warmed through.
- Set up the condiments. I usually do spinach/lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, beans, rice, sour cream, and extra salsa verde to drizzle over top!
ONE PAN GENIUS! So clean up is easy, dinner is on the table fast, and everyone will be going back for seconds.. maybe thirds!
Plus, if you make extra chicken it can be tossed in salads or pastas later in the week! This is one of my favorite meals, and I hope its one of yours too soon!